Monday, July 4, 2016

How did I get so lucky??

    I was blessed to have worked/volunteerd in two shows this season at the Albany Civic Theater. I have met and gained more theater family and learned even more than before. Now that Shrek the Musical and Senior of the Sahara are done, I get to see what's next in theater. I already know of some shows I get to work in next season.
    I have also gotten to join some committees, one of them I am so excited to be on again this year. The Big night committee. Big night is possibly our most exciting events of the entire year. Its our theaters version of the Tony's. Lots of volunteers get awards and recognition for their commitment. Our past season shows directors present some awards. Some of the shows also get to perform songs from past or future shows. Last years theme was our version on Guy Noir. We had a murder mystery game and everyone dressed for the occasion. Im not sure this years theme but its always so fun.
    
    Outside of theater its been crazy. My Mom has been playing in quite a few concerts. My favorite concert, so far, was the Newport Symphony's "A Broadway Romance". It featured Broadways own Elena Shaddow and John Cudia. This was a real treat, living in Oregon. I have only seen "Wicked" and "Promises, Promises" in New York. We also saw "Porgy and Bess" on tour, a very good friend of ours was in the cast, which made it was even more special that it was my first time seeing a broadway tour.
    Ok so, Phantom of the Opera has to be one of my all time favorite soundtracks, Its up there with Bonnie and Clyde and Newsies. BUT I have never seen it live, I have only seen the 25th anniversary when it was on Netflix. I had also never met one of broadways own phantoms... until I got to meet John Cudia. I know he has done other shows like "Les Miserables" and West Side Story, which are amazing, but Phantom is my personal favorite of all of his work. I love John's voice and I am a big fan. Sitting in the front row and hearing "Music of the Night" live was... unreal...magical. I never really knew what it would be like until I experienced it. I guess thats what I love most about "Live" performances. You never know whats going to happen until you sit in the audience. Elena Shaddow, who has been in Les Miserables, Fiddler and much more, was equally amazing. Her smile is infectious, and her voice is so gorgeous. She is also such a sweet person. Neither of them were too busy to talk to anyone, even unimportant little me.


Now, as Im writing this, my mom is playing with an orchestra in Lincoln City. Today is the third and final concert of their festival. All three concerts are have been different. Today is the fourth of July. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!! They are also filming interviews for a video. I got to help by holding the boom mic. I didn't know they were so heavy, but wow what an experience. I have always loved watching how videos and movies are filmed, but they make it look easier than it actually is.

The past few months have been amazing and I hope to keep these memories forever. I hope to keep my new friendships for life, and I plan too. I hope you all have had a great day and I really am going to try to post more, but life happens. 

Feel free to like and comment about your amazing experiences and favorite memories. I want to get to know my readers and new friends. Thanks for taking time out to read this and please feel free to ask me questions or tell me how I can improve.

God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment