Sunday, September 25, 2016

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!

I have seen and heard so many things about the elections, and I don't know exactly how to feel about any of it. I hope no one is offended by this but here is my opinion. I remember when Obama ran the first time. SO MANY people said things and doubted him or his ability to be president, because of his race among other things. He was discriminated against. In my opinion, things started out... crazy, but things got better. Then he was elected again, things got even better, people got more jobs, insurance became more available and he ended the war and brought our troops home to their families. Marriage equality happened, in my opinion it needed to happen. Not every decision that was made maybe ended the way it could of, but that is bound to happen. There is always a plus and minus in everything.There are always issues with money, and other things. That's not the presidents fault or anyones fault, IT HAPPENS! I have my own opinion of who I'm voting for, unless one of my readers wants to start a discussion, which I'm open to, I don't feel its the right place. What I want to say after all of this is LET GOD TAKE CARE OF IT!! 

Now I know everyone has a different idea of a higher power, and who they believe and follow. I personally was raised in a christian home. God created the heavens and the earth, he created you and me, and he knows the future and has a plan in place for every ones lives.

ANYWAYS!!


We may be voting by looking at a ballot then checking some boxes, but God has the ultimate say and has a plan for his people. I grew up as I'm sure many kids did, saying the pledge of allegiance every morning in elementary school and I went to a public school, I never went to a private or christian school. They felt it was important to say the whole pledge.


"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."


In 1954, Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add "Under God" in.


In Martin Luther Kings "I Have a Dream" speech, he says:


This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

AND

"...And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:
Free at last! Free at last!
Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Our historical leaders all seem to agree in one way or another that God is an important part of the Idea of freedom and our countries existence. Instead of arguing, insulting, judging each other and our Candidates, because its not our place. I feel we should encourage them and show support to the candidates and each other. We should really listen to them just consider each decision with an open mind. God knows who will win these elections and why, who are we to question his plan? 

Stop protesting and leaving hate comments online, and start supporting each other as a whole, because whatever is coming wont be easy whoever wins. We will all need to stick together and get through the hard times as one Nation.

I hope this all makes sense, I felt that I needed to post this. It made sense in my head. Its been on my mind for quite some time and took a few days to write this. This was not a school assignment, I just wanted to put it out there. I truly believe if we leave America's future in Gods hands, we can truly have freedom. God put Trump and Clinton in this election for some reason, I have no idea why, but he did. Lets trust in him and thank him for every good thing that has happened in America.

The elections are coming quick, its not to late.
Whoever or whatever you believe in, don't leave them out of the process.

Please feel free to comment on anything, Im open to opinions always. I would love to hear your thoughts.
I love you guys! God Bless!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a very well thought out and amazing blog. You are right on so many levels. I really enjoyed reading it and agree with you 100%. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for reading and commenting, I love you so much Aunt Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rose for your thoughts on the upcoming Presidential election. I am personally in a quandary about whom to vote for. I too am Christian and I'm pleased with the Republican party's published positions on important issues. I don't like "the Donald" at all because of his arrogance and ignorance. Sorry to say this, but he is bigoted and obnoxious to listen to. He is not a man of integrity.

    ReplyDelete