Wednesday, September 30, 2015

First Class Blog

HI EVERYONE

Im Rose Taylor and this is my first time Blogging. Im taking Media & Society course in college and  our class is starting our own blogs. Any feedback would be helpful. I should probably tell you a bit about myself.

Im 23 and I have Spina Bifida, Myelomeningocele is the form worst form and I got it. I have been in a wheelchair since I was 4 years old. I have had 16 surgeries so far and 10 of them were brain surgeries. Im a Christian and love volunteering in my church, I sometimes get to run our camera that we use to stream live. I also volunteer in a live theater downtown. I love theater, I love every job I get to do. Acting is my passion, but I'm blessed that I get to work behind the scenes. Theater arts has been my passion since I was little. I also have played my cello since I was 3, but I haven't found a passion for it anymore. Its more of a hobby to me now. I used to play in orchestras. I am at LBCC doing my Communications degree. I like doing speeches and Im very comfortable in front of large groups. We have 2 cats,  Spooky and Marmalade, both females. My first cat Keiko lived to be 21. I love all animals, even snakes and bugs. My favorite Video game is Destiny: Taken king.

After watching Second Skin, I felt like I just went for a marathon. Everyone explaining how much they play, what character they play and why they play so much, made my brain scramble and I felt stressed. I wanted to go to those gamers and tell them they are too addicted and they needed a long break, so that they would be wither families and real long time friends. I love video games for my own reasons but I will never choose to do video games over working and being with my family. God is my First Priority. Without him I wouldn't be here, or have such an amazing job and family.

By the way, I mentioned what disability I have, Im not embarrassed by it. If anyone has questions, please ask. I will answer what I can.

Thanks for reading,
Rose <3

3 comments:

  1. I love that you own your disability and don't let it own you! I had a couple family friends growing up with MS (brothers) and while they were amazing people, they were embarassed by it, and I wish they could have had your outlook on it!

    I played cello, too, starting in 3rd grad and going all the way up to high school and miss it. I'm so glad you stuck with it and can play for fun now too!

    I definitally agree that the people in the video need to realign their priorities. I still play some MMORPGs but since I have a family and school now, the time spent has greatly decreased. I do sort of miss the marathon gaming sessions that my friends and I had back before marriage and kids, but I know I gave it up for something way more worth my time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea Rose, its interesting reading your point of view on things. Once someone gave me a compliment that meant a lot to me.....it was about my writing (I used to write all the time), they said "When I read a letter from you, its as if I were there with you and we were talking...I can hear your voice when I read your letter" That's how I feel about your blog. Its as if you were talking to me, and I cant wait to read more. Great job Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for checking me out. This is all new to me so Im very glad you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete