Thursday, October 15, 2015

1. Spina Bifida Awareness


October is Spina Bifida Awareness month, and the ribbon color is yellow. There is also have National Spina Bifida and hydrocephalus day, which is October 25. I bet most people didn't know that. Well, neither did I until last year, when it was too late. I also didn't know September was Hydrocephalus and Chiari Awareness month until today. 

There is lots of ways that Social Media is showing awareness. There is Multiple Spina Bifida Awareness pages. One Specifically is titled Spina Bifida Awareness, Its a Non-Profit organization. It looks like a page where people can share their stories. Some of the stories may not be Spina Bifida but on other really important topics. They also have advertised fundraisers.

There are links and pictures on Twitter attached to #SpinaBifida

There is also an SBA Channel on youtube. SBA (Spina Bifida Association) is a website that gives you  families who have a child or a loved one who is Disabled. They can tell you about some nearby clinics, camps and chapter groups so that you can find the help you need. The also can tell you how to prevent it, while your newly pregnant. There are many events that you can sign up to volunteer with.

Now for a different Topic

2. Advertisements

1*  I have seen many advertisements and movie promotions. I can list one  commercial I have found that absolutely grosses me out. Introducing the Squatty Potty. By using this product, which step stool that fits under a toilet. The position you sit helps you release ... well you get the picture. They have a website:
http://www.squattypotty.com/unicorn-c/
They even have a Youtube Channel. Im just posting the link because the The thumbnail picture is a bit embarrassing.
Squatty Potty :)
I can't determine who their target audience would be. I think they are either using a Hidden Fear Technique or an Irritation Technique. I don't think I would get this product because of the weirdness of the commercial. I understand its made for health benefits and thats very important,but really? Their slogan is "The Stools for Better Stools". GROSS!! The only reason I heard about this is a youtube vlogger I watch everyday, was hired to be on the commercial. They since cut out his part.The only part I think is fun about this is the prince. They have kind of ruined Unicorns for me.

2*  I have found myself watching more and more of the Gerber Chew Commercials. I love the commercials with babies sitting in a "class". and they are putting bowls on their heads and food smudged on their faces. Its so cute. Their Target Audience would have to be New parents or grandparents for baby sitting.
They have a channel:Gerber. I think they are using emotional branding, or Stereotyping. Its all very cute either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment