Saturday, January 30, 2021

 Advice to Fans.


I mean a fan of anyone... like any celebrity.

Ok I’m 28, turning 29 this year. I’m a theater/musician kid. I played cello for 22 years, and I’ve called theater my 2nd home for my whole life. I have met a few “celebs” ( they are amazing humans). If you want to be popular in school... OR be friends with them and gain their trust, that’s my choice. I would rather be life long friends.

FIRST! Safety is KEY! Don’t climb and hide in their cars, don’t run up to them, anywhere. Don’t push each other out of the way to get near them. CHILL!

2. Don’t ask for an autographs, that’s a one time thing, it’s a piece of paper. I mean yeah it’s worth some money online, I be lost my autographeds to be honest, sad but not the end of the world. BUT a friendship is forever and PRICELESS... 

Or ask for one, I get it, it’s cool, I won’t judge you. If they are giving them out then they are cool with it.

3. You could ask for a picture but first calmly CALMLY say why you love/like them. They are HUMAN, give them a memorable conversation then you can get a picture to look back at.

4. Don’t pay fan pages to show support for them. Take lessons, voice/acting lessons from them, be a patron, request them on/in your favorite YouTube channel or orchestra or band or concert hall stage. It gives them a job, that’s a win for them... you can go there... you can pay to do VIP and meet them, a win for you, Tech for them on Zoom... all of them help them pay their bills, show them they matter, and their talent actually means something, and you gain a cool friend.

If you worked for the President of the United States of America and only talked to them about getting a raise for all your work but don’t have proof of who you are, what you’ve done... you won’t get the raise. I DONT think of celebs as a “promotion”, it’s just good to not treat them like someone who is unreachable like someone not from earth.

I met my FAVORITE actor/voice over actor when I was like 10. David Ogden Stiers (Cogsworth, Ratcliffe, Jumbaa Jukiba, MASH, Star Trek, etc.)  He was the ass conductor (HIS WORDS) of an Orchestra that my Mom is a substitute clarinetist for, which we love. Because I didn’t ask for lots of “favors” I got to learn a lot from him, about working in Hollywood, what directors look for, the proper names of things in the industry. 16 years as friends really does mean more than anything.

I’m taking voice lessons from my favorite voice on Broadway (Elena Shaddow) she’s also one of my favorite people ever. FaceTime with her and her family outside of lessons leave me smiling for days.


I hope this is helpful, I know this whole quarantine thing is so hard... use this time to safely support people in the arts, and maybe become friends.


God Bless, have a good day... I’m going to a Shoshana Bean zoom Masterclass. Leave a comment about a cool friend you have

No comments:

Post a Comment