Monday, November 30, 2015

Music Influences

Topic 1
I have had music around me since I was in the womb. I was in cello lessons at 3 years old. I was in string music camp at about 5 years old. My Grandpa (Moms dad) did operas since I was about 6, He introduced me to theater and singing.

My Grandpa (Dads Dad) was very careful what music was on around his family. He had christian CDs everywhere. Every truck he drove had both a christian worship CD and an Audio Bible. He was not really into Rock n' Roll or Heavy Metal unless he knew someone playing it because most of his friends were christians. He didn't like Dark music because it sounded like it could be worship in another religion. He was an amazing grandpa and person all around, He just had his beliefs. He came to all the concerts or recitals my mom and I were playing in, or at least he tried. I was fine with it personally, because Im not into many types of music. Im kind of picky, Jazz and Rock are my least favorite. I used to love classical music but It just barely makes my top six now.

My 5 favorite genres of music are Disney, christian, musicals, country and voice
Here is a complete list of Genres  except christian and musicals. I would think Disney would be everyones favorite. I don't really have any favorite bands.I have favorite singers like Donny Osmond and the Vocal groups VoicePlay and Rezonate.

Topic 2

I think LBCC should have a couple campus radios. I think its possible, there are many places to produce it The First one type I would recommend is a Pandora formatted radio just for any music made on campus now and in the past. I know that when we have choir concerts, there is usually a long line to get tickets and many people won't get in. Getting a CD later is possible but its still pretty pricey. I also like the ability to choose what you like to listened to, and if the school does a musical they could record the songs from the show live then edit them like a soundtrack.

The other should be a station for interviews. LBCC has an art gallery, sports teams, music and theater department. There are many talented people and groups that should be featured. I think its also another great way to advertise coming events. I think our school could use part of all ticket sales from performances, games and food sales to support both radios. The Concerts are always sold out and the games are well attended. 

LBCC would become an even bigger hit as a college than it already, Let me know what you think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment